Bitter cold has made it's way to the southern Appalachian Mountains. Tonight is forecast to be the coldest night of the year. The temp this morning was a frigid 3 degrees-in my opinion thats just about cold enough.
When describing just how cold it is, folks can get pretty imaginative like:
* Cold as whiz (I always say this when it's cold-I have no clue what it means.)
* Cold as all get out (again what could this possibly mean?)
* Cold as a banker's heart
* Cold as a well diggers butt
* Cold as a cast iron commode
* Blue cold
* So cold a flame on a candle would freeze
* Cold as a frog's butt
* Too cold to snow (Pap has always said this one-and it always confused me how could it be too cold to snow?)
I know much of the US is experiencing freezing temperatures right now-so how cold is it at your house?
To read more about my Appalachian Heritage please visit the Blind Pig & The Acorn