Time for this month's Appalachian Vocabulary Test-
1. catty cornered
2. choke rag
5. cuss fight
1. catty corner-in a corner or sitting cross ways. "The last time I saw Old Blue he was sitting catty corner on the porch."
2. choke rag- a neck tie. "I hate going to weddings, cause I have to wear a choke rag!"
3. clabber-sour milk. "Don't forget to put the milk back in the frig or it will clabber."
4. clim-climb. "Just clim up the tree and shimmy onto the roof, then you can turn the antenna." (The Deer Hunter actually says clim for climb-and I always give him a hard time about it.)
5. cuss fight-argument. "I came out of the dime store-and there was Trixie Goforth in the midst of a cuss fight with some youngster. It was the beatinest thing I ever saw!"
This month's list doesn't seem that unusual to me-but leave me a comment and let me know what you think! If you'd like to see all the Vocabulary Tests click here
-and scroll down.