Affiliated Networks

Events

Forum

Interview with Gail Godwin about Grief Cottage

Started by Rob Neufeld in AC-T Book Reviews Aug 3, 2017.

Ellington in Asheville--a survey

Started by Rob Neufeld in Local History Oct 6, 2017.

Dave Minneman, heroic portrait

Started by Rob Neufeld in Local History Aug 25, 2017.

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Susan True shared Rob Neufeld's discussion on Facebook
Sep 24
Susan True replied to Rob Neufeld's discussion Act 5, Scene 1: Irene's Twilight Zone
"Soulfully beautiful."
Sep 24
Rob Neufeld posted a discussion

Act 5, Scene 1: Irene's Twilight Zone

Act 5, Scene 1: Irene’s Twilight Zone See whole poem, "The Main Show," and index of scenes.  (Spotlight opens on the lobby of the theater.  Characters who remain in the lobby enter the theater, which remains dark.  Joan the nurse tells the tour guide to also go in, and the narrator hangs back awhile.) Joan: Go ahead in. I’ll stay with my patient.Anyway, this is a family…See More
Sep 24
Phillip Elliott shared their photo on Facebook
Sep 5
Connie Regan-Blake posted events
Aug 28
Julia Nunnally Duncan posted an event

Julia Nunnally Duncan at Little Switzerland Books and Beans

August 30, 2019 from 3pm to 6pm
Julia Nunnally Duncan will be a featured author at Little Switzerland Books and Beans on Friday, August 30, from 3-5. A book signing will follow. Julia will read from her latest books A Neighborhood Changes, A Part of Me, and A Place That Was Home.See More
Aug 26
Phillip Elliott commented on Phillip Elliott's album
Thumbnail

Guide to Antebellum Flat Rock

"The introduction of my new publication, Guide to Antebellum Flat Rock will be launched on Sept 14 2019 at 1:30 PM at the Henderson County Court House 500 Main Street. A talk and a brief slide show follows with refreshments afterward. …"
Aug 23
Phillip Elliott posted photos
Aug 23
Nancy Werking Poling posted an event

Nancy Werking Poling at Black Mountain Library

June 15, 2019 from 3pm to 4pm
Can women rescue the planet from ecological disaster?Nancy Werking Poling will launch her new novel, WHILE EARTH STILL SPEAKS, set in WNC. She'll tell the stories behind the story: How did Mary (more crone than virgin) get into the narrative? And Mary Surratt, a co-conspirator of John Wilkes Booth?See More
Jun 10
Caroline McIntyre posted events
Apr 29
Rob Neufeld updated their profile
Apr 13
Rob Neufeld posted a discussion

Flat Rock history via a road

Travelling back in time on a Flat Rock roadby Rob Neufeld             If you walk the one mile length of North Highland Lake Road in Flat Rock, you step nearly 200 years into the past.            At the east end, the 21st century reigns.  Fronting six-lane Spartanburg Highway, a super-Ingles sits above a bog; and a CVS store faces an Octopus Garden smoke shop, a chiropractor, a cell phone provider, and a six-lane avenue to I-26 a mile away .            Neither Ingles nor CVS carries the big…See More
Apr 8

AC-T Book Reviews (209)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Calloustown by George Singleton

Love-hate humor cries in “Calloustown,” comes to Asheville by Rob Neufeld               When Duster, one of the narrators in George Singlet…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Nov 16, 2015

Mountain Nature--A Seasonal Natural History of the Southern Appalachians by Jennifer Frick-Ruppert

A favorite book on WNC natural history Mountain Nature: A Seasonal Natural History of the Southern Appalachians: by Jennifer Frick-Ruppert…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Nov 11, 2015

It's All Relative--50 WNC women write about family

Family life as perceived by 50 WNC authors by Rob Neufeld               If you have biases against small press books or anthologies of loca…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Nov 6, 2015

Three books--including authors revealing their home spaces

Authors’ spaces, veganism, and an evangelist by Rob Neufeld               Hub City Press deserves a hurrah.  For 20 years, it has been publ…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Oct 12, 2015

Player of Games and the Millennial Mind

Player of Games reveals today’s game-changing mentality by Rob Neufeld               There is something big happening in Millennial Generat…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Sep 27, 2015

Above the Waterfall by Ron Rash, and talk with author

Rash’s suspense novel gives time to poetry by Rob Neufeld               Ron Rash’s new novel, “Above the Waterfall,” weds a contemporary th…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Aug 30, 2015

Fortune Smiles by Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson reveals how surreal emotions are by Rob Neufeld               Adam Johnson, author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, “The O…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Aug 23, 2015

Pam Durban, author of Soon, gripping, psychological, Southern stories

Pam Durban: Facing reality with a wide-open eye by Rob Neufeld               John Updike honored Pam Durban’s story, “Soon,” by selecting i…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Aug 21, 2015

Barefoot to Avalon: A Brother’s Story by David Payne

Coming to terms with monsters is Payne’s devotion by Rob Neufeld               David Payne’s new memoir, “Barefoot to Avalon” (Atlantic Mon…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Aug 7, 2015

Finding a great book beyond the in-crowd mainstream

A new way to find great new books by Rob Neufeld             I keep searching for ways to be as open as possible to great books as they c…

Started by Rob Neufeld

0 Jul 15, 2015

RSS

© 2019   Created by Rob Neufeld.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

UA-124288772-1